“Scotland has one of the most powerful devolved parliaments in the world.” D. Mundell
What is given in loan can be taken back with interest. This is truest in the relationship England with Scotland. The Tory regime, elected by few in England, like a pickpocket pretending to look the other way as he avails himself of your wallet, ignores Scotland to rob Scotland – they are taking back control of our political systems. We are not ignored, we’re systematically robbed while wasting energy wailing we’re cold shouldered, as if that comes as a surprise.
Scots at Westminster
Equals? The Union is sold to us, Mafia style, as protection from the vagaries of foreign incursion and economic recession, yet Scotland is invaded regularly by Whitehall stealth and impoverished by Westminster’s economic agenda.
There’s a carpetbagger in almost every major Scottish institution loyal to the south side mob keeping watch for signs of rebellion.
Retaking Scotland’s powers.
We face what amounts to a wholesale power grab, a continuation of the greatest heist in human history, theft of Scotland’s North Sea Oil, effectively enfeebling Scotland from functioning as a nation. Look at Item 95 on the List below, ‘Public sector procurement’ – three words that spell out the end of Scotland’s National Health Service, our valued assets sold off by Westminster.
By holding all democratic power over institutions and mechanisms, England holds the aces if and when we sit at the negotiating table to demand full reinstatement of civil rights. They aim to take back what we fought for, for over 300 years. We always have had to fight for what is ours. We were never given it as a right.
English politicians are working on the last stages of extreme neo-liberal economics – gathering wealth into the hands of the few, and taking back control of Scotland. And they mean to do it with a vengeance.
Europe without wars
When you read the list below – if you can stomach reading beyond a dozen items – you get a queasy feeling. English sentiment does not want to be part of Europe. The SNP will never alter that mentality. By a policy of assisting English nationalism to retain power the SNP is helping to give sustenance to English colonial ambition.
Scotland must remain part of the EU. Look at the evidence why this is a crucial necessity for it isn’t only an economic urge. We are at a dangerous place we were before, in 1939. Racist demagogues such as Bill Cash, Jacob Rees-Mogg, Nigel Farage and the thoroughly obnoxious Tommy Robinson, rise to the surface, given a platform by Britain’s state broadcaster. They are everywhere imitating Oswald Mosley and Enoch Powell.
Who remember the British Fascist Party changed its name in 1936 from the British Union of Fascists and National Socialists to the British Union. English politicians are translating loss of empire into regaining lost territory – Scotland must be held fast. They talk of Ireland rejoining the United Kingdom, and are serious.
Any attempt to appease English imperialism is disastrous for us all. A liberated Scotland can become the antidote to English vanity. And believe me, Ireland will be happy to support us in that endeavour.
The List, Nothing But The List
Here is a list of known powers to be removed from Scotland, post-Brexit, and it isn’t an exhaustive list by any means. In my view, those in red are of primary significance.
- Agricultural Support
- Agriculture – Fertiliser Regulations
- Agriculture – GMO Marketing & Cultivation
- Agriculture – Organic Farming
- Agriculture – Zootech
- Animal Health and Traceability
- Animal Welfare
- Aviation Noise Management at Airports
- Blood Safety and Quality
- Carbon Capture & Storage
- Chemicals regulation (including pesticides)
- Civil judicial co-operation – jurisdiction and recognition & enforcement of judgements in civil & commercial matters (plus B1 rules and EU conventions)
- Civil judicial co-operation – jurisdiction and recognition & enforcement of judgements instruments in family law (including BIIa, Maintenance and civil protection orders)
- Civil judicial cooperation on service of documents and taking of evidence
- Criminal offences minimum standards measures – Combating Child Sexual Exploitation Directive.
- Control of major accident hazards
- Cross border mediation
- Data sharing – (EU fingerprint database (EuroDac)
- Data sharing – European Criminal Records Information System (ECRIS)
- Data sharing – False and Authentic Documents Online (FADO)
- Data sharing – passenger name records
- Data sharing – Prüm framework
- Data sharing – Schengen Information System (SIS II)
- Efficiency in energy use
- Elements of Reciprocal Healthcare
- Elements of the Network and Information Security (NIS) Directive
- Elements of Tobacco Regulation
- Energy Performance of Buildings Directive
- Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) Directive
- Environmental law concerning energy planning consents
- Environmental law on offshore oil & gas installations within territorial waters
- Environmental quality – Air Quality
- Environmental quality – Chemicals
- Environmental quality – Flood Risk Management
- Environmental quality – International timber trade (EUTR and FLEGT)
- Environmental quality – Marine environment
- Environmental quality – Natural Environment and Biodiversity
- Environmental quality – Ozone depleting substances and F-gases
- Environmental quality – Pesticides
- Environmental quality – Spatial Data Infrastructure Standards
- Environmental quality – Waste Packaging & Product Regulations
- Environmental quality – Waste Producer Responsibility Regulations
- Environmental quality – Water Quality
- Environmental quality – Water Resources
- Environmental quality – Biodiversity – access, benefit sharing of genetic resources
- Equal Treatment Legislation
- EU agencies – EU-LISA – technological support to make European nations safer
- EU agencies – Eurojust – judicial coordination and cooperation between nations
- EU agencies – Europol – agency against serious international crime and terrorism
- EU Social Security Coordination
- Fisheries Management & Support
- Food and Feed Law
- Food Compositional Standards
- Food Geographical Indications (Protected Food Names)
- Food Labelling
- Forestry (domestic)
- Free movement of healthcare (the right for EEA citizens to have their elective procedure in another member state)
- Genetically modified micro-organisms contained use
- Good laboratory practice
- Hazardous Substances Planning
- Heat metering and billing information
- High Efficiency Co-generation
- Implementation of EU Emissions Trading System
- Ionising radiation 66. Land use
- Late payment (commercial transactions)
- Legal aid in cross-border cases
- Legal aid in cross-border cases
- Migrant Access to benefits
- Minimum standards -housing & care: regulation of the use of animals
- Minimum standards legislation – child sexual exploitation
- Minimum standards legislation – cyber-crime
- Minimum standards legislation – football disorder
- Minimum standards legislation – human trafficking
- Mutual recognition of professional qualifications
- Mutual recognition of criminal court judgments measures & cross border cooperation – European Protection Order, Prisoner Transfer Framework Directive, European Supervision Directive, Compensation to Crime Victims Directive
- Nutrition health claims, composition and labelling
- Onshore hydrocarbons licensing
- Plant Health, Seeds and Propagating Material
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – Asset Recovery Offices
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – European Investigation Order
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – Joint Action on Organised Crime
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – Joint investigation teams
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – mutual legal assistance
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – recognition of asset freezing orders
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – recognition of confiscation orders
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – Schengen Article 40
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – Swedish initiative
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – European judicial network
- Practical cooperation in law enforcement – implementation of Euro Arrest Warrant
- Procedural rights (criminal cases) – minimum standards measures
- Provision of legal services
- Provision in the 1995 Data Protection Directive that allows for more than one supervisory authority in each member state
- Public sector procurement
- Public health (serious cross-border threats to health)
- Radioactive Source Notifications – Trans-frontier shipments
- Radioactive waste treatment and disposal
- Rail franchising rules
- Rail markets and operator licensing
- Recognition of insolvency proceedings in EU Member States
- Renewable Energy Directive
- Rules on applicable law in civil & commercial cross border claims
- Sentencing – taking convictions into account
- State Aid
- Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Directive
- Tissues and cells
- Fast-track procedures for civil & commercial uncontested debts, small claims
- Victims rights measures (criminal cases)
- Voting rights and candidacy rules for EU citizens in local government elections
If Nicola Sturgeon is reluctant to lead from the front lest she weakens the dignity of her role as First Minister, let the SNP appoint an independence tsar, someone with oratory skills briefed to do the job – daily. All I hear is prevarication, all I see is inertia, the moment to strike disappearing. Bar a few of our MPs at Westminster, the SNP is simply not aggressive enough, not stirring determination enough to beat the fascists and the empire loyalists.
Top of the list of thefts is the artificially delayed right to hold a binding second referendum on self-governance, propelled by the will of the people, their government’s mandate, a wish to remain citizens of the world. The strategy is breathtakingly simple: delay all calls for a vote until it becomes lost and outdated by events.
Powers removed, the far-right of the British state plans to turn the Scottish Parliament into a church social, a place to exchange pleasantries over home-baked scones and tea, SNP children in pushchairs hugging lucky white heather no threat to the day’s chatter.
Powers currently retained by Westminster here: https://wp.me/p4fd9j-bX2